- You will always have room to improve, and leaks to plug up in your game.
- The game is always evolving and you have to keep up with new methods of play.
- If you play the same way all the time, your friends and opponents will know how to play you.
- VIP status in online poker rooms will diminish over time, and you lose out on some freebies
- Bad habits develop over time. Keeping up on your play will help you recognize them.
- New bonuses and satellite opportunities are released every month.
- You don’t want to make any rookie mistakes just because you haven’t played in a long time.
- You can’t win if you don’t play.
- It beats spending all of your extra money on beer.
- You never know when the big win will come, and you’ll place deep in a big tournament.
Italians Eating Up Online Poker
Max “Italian Pirate” Pescatori won a WSOP bracelet on the same day Italy won the World Cup in 2006.
Poker has been spreading around the globe for over six years now. The latest country to fall in love with the game is Italy. Italians spent 350 million euros on online poker, an average of 600 euros per person. According to a survey by the Consumers Defense and Orientation Association (ADOC), nearly two million Italians play some form of gambling game online, with a fourth of them playing on sites abroad.
This information was conveniently made public as the Italian government puts forth plans to legalize online games of chance. Italians are visiting online casinos 25% more than they did last year, and the government plans on collecting revenues from the games before too much money flows out of the country.
The survey also warns of online gambling addiction. It’s estimated that there are 16,000 problem gamblers in Italy who lose consistently, and go into debt at least 10,000 euros.
North American Poker Championships
The tenth event on the World Poker Tour schedule will be held in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. The Niagara FallsView Togel Casino will host the WPT from October 26 to November 2, 2007. The Canadian dollar is on par with the U.S. greenback these days, so the $10,000 + $300 buy-in in Canadian dollars will be the same as playing in the States, except the tax man won’t be there looking for 30% of it.
EPT Dublin Schedule
October 29 19:00 EPT Super Satellite – 300€ + 30€
October 30 14:00 EPT Tournament – 7,000€ + 300€ Day 1A
October 31 14:00 EPT Tournament – 7,000€ + 300€ Day 1B
November 1 14:00 EPT Tournament – Day 2
November 2 14:00 EPT Tournament – Day 3
November 3 14:00 EPT Tournament – Final Table
Like last year, there will also be the Simon Poker charity event for 300€ + 30€ on November 3. The event raises money for the homeless in Dublin. Local players and celebrities the likes of Mad Marty, David Colclough and Padraig Parkinson will be playing.